The OWASP AppSec Morocco & Africa 2018 bring together application security experts and software engineers from all over Africa and North Africa region to openly discuss problems and new solutions in application security. This large conference offers researchers and practitioners a set of tutorials, trainings, and invited presentation
OWASP AppSec Morocco & Africa 2018 follows the OWASP Conference Policies and Code of Conducts.
Topics of interest
The topics are the same as those mentioned in the regular Call for Presentations
- Security aspects of new / emerging web technologies / paradigms / languages
- Cognitive Security, Deep Learning, predictive security
- Secure development : Frameworks, best practices, secure coding, methods, processes, SDLC, etc.
- Owasp projects
- Vulnerability analysis (code review, pentest, static analysis etc
- Threat modelling of applications
- Mobile security and security for the mobile web
- Cloud security
- Browser security, local storage and HTML5 security
- Countermeasures for application vulnerabilities
- New technologies, paradigms, tools
- Security in web services, REST, and service oriented architectures
- Privacy in web apps, Web services and data storage
- Reverse Engineering & Malware Analysis
The trainings however should be more of a practical nature, i.e. we look favorably on a hands-on training.
- Submission Deadline : August 31, 2018
- Notification of acceptance : September 30, 2018
- Final materials due for review : October 15, 2018
- Workshop day: : November 15th, 2018
To submit a proposal, please submit online (see EasyChair link below) an abstract of your intended training (500 to 4000 characters) and a brief biography (150 to 800 characters)
Any proposal submitted is subject to a democratic vote by the program committee (PC). Keep in mind: the better your description the better our picture (do not count on “fail open”). Please review your document for any mistakes prior to submission, as after approval by the PC, we take your abstract and publish it “as is” in our program.
- Submissions are due by September 15th, 2016, 23:59 GMT
- All submissions should be done using the EasyChair link.
To enclose a copy of the instructor agreement
To list any additional technical requirements if needed
To propose your max number of participants
Owasp Morocco will provide the venue, marketing, registration logistics, basic wireless internet access. (If needed additional technical arrangements, it is important to let us know. Also we like to get your idea about the maximal number participants which you like in your training).
- Owasp Morocco will reserve up to two training slots at no cost and the trainer may reserve up to one slot at no cost.
- Please note that for data privacy reasons, Owasp Morocco can’t provide trainers with contact information of the attendees
- Spoken and written language is English.
- The trainer can brand training material to increase their exposure
- The trainer will provide class syllabus/training material
Split in revenue
Price per attendee: 1 day class $150 per person VAT excluded. Earnings will be split 60/40 (OWASP/Trainer) for the training class.
Program Committee Training
Azzeddine Ramrami: Owasp Morocco Chapter Leader
Tarik EL AOUADI : Owasp Morocco Chapter Co-Leader, Workshop manager
Alae EL MESBAHI: Owasp Morocco Chapter Co-Leader, CTF manager
04 OctoberDay 1
05 OctoberDay 2
- Conference Room 1
- Conference Room 2
- Conference Room 1
- Training Room 1
- Training Room 2
This is a one day class on Secure Coding and OWASP TOP 10 2017. We will cover during this class all OWASP TOP 10 2017 attacks and Secure Coding standards from CERT Java Secure Coding and .NET Secure Coding. Maximum student 16. Plase bring your laptops. All tools will be distributed in one VMs. The link to download to the VM will be send after your registration.
This is a one day class on Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering. Maximum student 16. Plase bring your laptops. All tools will be distributed in one VMs. The link to download to the VM will be send after your registration.